Monday, March 22, 2010

Researcher looking for willing subjects

I'm posting this on behalf of a cultural anthropologist who is doing her thesis research on surrogacy in India. She's looking for current or intended parents who'd be interested in telling her about their experiences. I spoke with her last week, and enjoyed pouring out "the whole story" to her (hey, who doesn't like talking about themselves for an hour!). Info about her research and her contact info is below if you have the time and inclination to talk to her:

From Daisy Deomampo: I am a Ph.D. Candidate in Cultural Anthropology at the City University of New York in New York City and a Visiting Research Scholar at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences in Mumbai during 2010. I am currently in Mumbai conducting research for my dissertation on the topic of medical travel to India for assisted reproductive technologies. I would be very grateful for speak with people who are thinking about or have already traveled to India for IVF, egg donation and/or surrogacy. Please be assured that this research is not media-related and is intended for academic publication only. My project has been approved by the ethical review board at my university and is supported by grants from public and private foundations. All interviews are completely confidential, therefore no names or any identifying information will be used in any writing related to this research.If you are interested in speaking with me please contact me at daisy.deomampo (at) gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment