Friday, March 26, 2010

The Object of My Affection


Hi Folks,

Its me, Micah writing. Now that I'm a whole 8 months old, I have an awful lot to say. And Mommy isn't going to like to hear this, but I have a new love in my life, and his name is Sushi. Sushi is a grey snowshoe siamese cat. I think we have another cat around this place named Miso, but honestly, he avoids me so I'm not really sure.

Daddy says that Miso and Sushi are only good as accessories for our couch, and that they don't serve any real cat-like function like sitting on human laps, but Sushi and I have a special relationship. When Mommy feeds me, he sits on the back of the armchair and purrs, or rubs up against her feet. He likes to be in the same room as me whatever I'm doing. Once, I even managed to grab ahold of his tail! I think he's trying to figure out what kind of creature I am. I'm short, like him, but I smell kinda like those big creatures that feed him (sometimes I don't smell that good, I'll admit.)

Mommy and Daddy have one ace up their sleeve in trying to get me to crawl (yeah, right): Sushi. I really, really, really want to go pet him. He'd better watch out when I can start running!

In other news, for the last few weeks I've been really into my feet. I keep telling Mommy: Feet are the new hands!

I'm squealing and laughing more than I used too, and it makes Mommy and Daddy laugh to hear me. I love to be held up like an airplane, and I let Daddy use me to build up his triceps by dipping me onto his head. It's fun when he throws me up in the air, too, but I'm not sure if he'll keep doing it after I threw up a lot of milk on him.... silly Daddy, he'll never learn not to roughhouse with me after I've eaten!

This week coming up, my cousins Logan and Natasha are coming to visit. I think it will be a lot of fun to play with them -- last time they were here, I was really sleepy most of the time.


In the last week, we had two big snowstorms here and I got to stay home from school one day. Daddy did too, so we had a fun time bugging Mommy while she was trying to work. It was too windy and wet for me to go play in the snow, the way we did last weekend when we all went snowshoeing. I slept through the entire hike, but Daddy managed to take this great family picture of us out together. Even though Mommy doesn't like snowshoeing, she's smiling here. Afterwards, we went out for Mexican food and Mommy and Daddy both got food poisoning. They should have brought their own food like I did!

Oh, well, I better go practice the 4 questions to get ready for Passover. I may be the youngest, but I have a lot to say!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! There is NO way I'm giving the keyboard to Alex or Taj yet. Super cute kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Cute kitty better watch out when Micah's on the crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah seems to like Sushi as much as Bella likes our dog. Too bad Sushi isn't quite as cooperative!

    Micah's adorable!

    ReplyDelete